Sean Shapiro joins the show to help deep dive the ups and downs this season for the Dallas Stars, the excitement behind Jason Robertson’s special rookie year, and the future of NHL broadcasts in the States. Topics include:
- The battle between Dallas and Nashville for 4th in Central
- Underlying numbers vs. results for the Stars
- 1-goal games, and waiting for regression in short season
- Impact of COVID on player performance this season
- Contextualizing Anton Khudobin’s struggles
- Roope Hintz’s production despite uncertain status
- Unlocking combination of Hintz and Robertson
- Details in Robertson’s game that have made him successful
- Jason Robertson vs. Kirill Kaprizov for the Calder
- Not taking John Klingberg’s contributions for granted
- Miro Heiskanen’s next contract
- NHL’s new TV partners in the U.S.
- The financial impact the deals will have
- How the league can better sell the product
If you haven’t yet, please go take a minute to leave a rating and review for the show. If you’re busy and don’t feel like writing anything, it’s all good. Just hit the 5-star button. Each one counts, and helps us out. If you’re feeling extra generous, you can also leave a note about why you recommend people check the show out. Thanks for the help!