Thomas Drance joins the show to discuss the Minnesota Wild buying out the rest of Ryan Suter and Zach Parise’s contracts. Topics include:
- Why they chose to do it now
- The pros and cons of buying out the contracts
- The one year of financial flexibility they created
- Why the Wild find themselves at a crossroads this offseason
- Kirill Kaprizov’s next contract
- The future dead cap charges that are coming
- Are they more or less likely to go after Eichel now?
- Going for it and worrying after vs. planning ahead
- The looming concerns about the recapture penalty
- Making trades ahead of the expansion draft
- Teams trying to learn from mistakes they made last time
- What Suter and Parise have left in the tank
- Potential landing spots for them this offseason
If you haven’t yet, please go take a minute to leave a rating and review for the show. If you’re busy and don’t feel like writing anything, it’s all good. Just hit the 5-star button. Each one counts, and helps us out. If you’re feeling extra generous, you can also leave a note about why you recommend people check the show out. Thanks for the help!